The Financial/Business Analyst will be providing overall support for the period end results, preparation of forecasts, growth plans, financial analysis, reporting and budgeting. There is an opportunity for growth and the ability to make a difference through assisting a broad range of senior leaders in forecasting and analysis.
- Identify areas of concerns/opportunities and recommend corrective actions across strategy, finance and operations by analyzing results and variances and identifying trends.
- Provide financial planning and analysis of revenue streams, cost center spending, project analysis, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Reconcile balances and transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports, and making presentations of findings, analyses and recommendations.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, and variance analysis.
- Create/support financial models to analyze “what-if” scenarios.
- Calculate and assess returns on investments of new projects and opportunities.
- Assist in supporting year-end audits conducted by independent auditors.
- Recognize areas of need and implementing process improvements and efficiencies through developing automated applications, eliminating duplications and coordinating information requirements.
- Assist in ERP system upgrades/implementation.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial information.
- Provide high-level financial analysis for the various departments and projects.
- Develop, implement and maintain a complex integrated budget plan and cost control system.
- Prepare, complete and analyze short and long-term financial planning and analysis in line with the Organization’s goals.
- Report and analyze data for periodic reporting, periodic forecast analysis and presentation deck preparation.
- Assist in period close activities by working closely with the Accounting & Finance group to ensure accuracy and completeness of entries.
- Work with cross-functional teams to manage P&L expectations.
- Any other financial and accounting, or ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Finance or Business Administration preferred).
- 3 - 4 years of finance/business analyst experience.
Skills & Capabilities
- Experience with forecasting and budgeting.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions and processes.
- Ability to function well in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills to manage information gathering requests.
- Results oriented with the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and aptitude to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications and platforms.