SPJA is looking for a Recruiter/HR Generalist focused on sourcing for top talent and implementing full-cycle recruiting that meets the staffing needs of the organization. The ideal candidate must be self-driven and able to successfully prioritize critical open positions.
- Creatively source high caliber candidates by maximizing internet resources, cold-calling, networking, social media and other resource tools
- Build talent pipelines and maintain a network of prospects through proactive market research and ongoing relationship management
- Work with all levels of individuals within the organization
- Document and maintain the organization’s ATS Recruiting system
- Conduct full-cycle recruiting to include reviewing resumes, pre-screen candidates to assess qualifications, recommend candidates to hiring managers, and coordinate interviews
- Perform background checks
- Assist with other HR Generalist and administrative responsibilities such as on boarding of new hires, coordinating events, conduct background checks, recruitment training, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related
- 2-4 years hands-on experience in candidate sourcing, selection and assessment
- Corporate recruiting experience ideally in the events, entertainment, gaming, or hi-tech
- 5 years full cycle recruiting experience
- 2 years of experience drafting job descriptions
- Ability to build and source for hard to fill and niche talent using the latest techniques
- Able to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Strong assessment for talent and cultural fit
- Model appropriate confidentiality and personal boundaries in all dealings
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet sourcing and social media
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- High customer service/client service skills and ability to partner across multiple teams
- Ability to be a team player and help with other projects or assignments when the need arises
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position operates substantially in a professional office environment that routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. However, that environment changes when on-site at SPJA events and can vary greatly requiring strong mental and physical stamina and strength.
For the duration of Anime Expo, this position works at the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) and ancillary venues. While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be exposed to airborne particles, risk of electrical shock for both indoor and outdoor environments, and loud noise levels due to volunteers and attendees talking and/or passing near the work area. Assigned work areas may not have immediate access to external windows. Within the LACC, indoor HVAC units monitor and control temperature and air flow. Lighting is provided by overhead bulbs and lamps. The outside work environment may include exposure to extreme outdoor temperatures, uneven street pavement and sidewalks, and high levels of pedestrian and vehicular traffic. At Anime Expo, the employee will be exposed to large crowds and public settings and will be involved in frequent interactions with other employees, volunteers, attendees, and/or guests.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and requirements of the position.