Society For The Promotion Of Japanese Animation (SPJA) is looking for an Operations Coordinator to join our Operations team. The Operations Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of services pertaining to any and all SPJA events. This includes overseeing processes, budgets, and procedures; overall customer service, development and training on policies, and fulfillment/coordination with clients and vendors.
- Coordination: Assist Managers in day-to-day coordination and management of business operational activities. Coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure project delivery within allotted budget and timelines
- Customer Service: Respond and assist with operational customer service inquiries
- Research: Research, organize, compose, and present budgets, project proposals and reports as necessary. Assist in the implementation of cost-effective strategies
- Development: Provide operational input to assist in the development of internal policies & procedures for SPJA related topics and needs
- Collaboration: Collaborate with all internal and external groups to achieve operational goals
- Volunteer Management: Manage volunteers, including supervision of work, disciplinary actions, scheduling, training, etc.
- Auxiliary Events: Support and coordinate with teams to manage events as needed
- Fulfillment: Working directly with the sales team to ensure overall satisfaction and fulfillment of contracted items
- Cost Research: Negotiating with production and fulfillment vendors to minimize fulfillment-related costs
- Support: Provide pre-event, onsite, and post-event support for all aspects of fulfillment
- Reporting: Create and update fulfillment reports and provide reports to sponsors as needed
- Customer and Vendor Relations: Liaise between clients and vendors to ensure services and service levels comply with SPJA operational needs
The Operations Coordinator assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the acting supervisor.
To perform the Operations Coordinator job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for this role.
- Strong project management skills, including planning, scheduling, and communication
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and G Suite products (Gmail, Google Docs/Sheets, Drive)
- Strong critical thinking skills and judgment
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Must have attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Must live in Southern California with reliable, independent transportation
- Must be able to attend meetings, conferences and events (including social functions) as necessary
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position operates substantially in a professional office environment that routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. However, that environment changes when on-site at SPJA events and can vary greatly requiring strong mental and physical stamina and strength.
For the duration of Anime Expo, this position works at the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) and ancillary venues. While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be exposed to airborne particles, risk of electrical shock for both indoor and outdoor environments, and loud noise levels due to volunteers and attendees talking and/or passing near the work area. Assigned work areas may not have immediate access to external windows. Within the LACC, indoor HVAC units monitor and control temperature and air flow. Lighting is provided by overhead bulbs and lamps. The outside work environment may include exposure to extreme outdoor temperatures, uneven street pavement and sidewalks, and high levels of pedestrian and vehicular traffic. At Anime Expo, the employee will be exposed to large crowds and public settings and will be involved in frequent interactions with other employees, volunteers, attendees, and/or guests.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and requirements of the position.