Registration & Exhibits Coordinator
SPJA is looking for a Registration & Exhibits Coordinator, who will play a key role in the management of all department services and staff that pertain to General Attendee, Exhibitor, Artist Alley, Press, and Industry Registration. This position will assist in overseeing day-to-day operations for all aspects of the Registration Department and various tasks for the Exhibit Hall Department. This person will navigate through RFID ticketing/registration platforms and will help streamline onsite logistics and processes.
The position will report to the Sr. Division Manager of Registration & Exhibits.
- Event Strategy: Works with key stakeholders to understand and execute the objectives.
- Project Management: Ensures streamlined execution of projects through planning, monitoring, communication, and team management. Develops and maintains documentation and schedules. Projects include but are not limited to credential procurement, badge mailing, volunteer management, and exhibitor management.
- Budget Management: Assists in developing operational budget while meeting or exceeding revenues and minimize expenses. Create and analyze year-over-year reports including but not limited to sales, badge inventory, badge mailing, comp code, access point, square footage, staffing, and demographic reports.
- Contract Management: Assist with contract creation, execution, and analysis to maximize operational and financial performance while reducing financial risk. Ensures all parties have the capabilities to carry out their contractual obligations after an agreement is signed.
- Vendor Management: Assist in managing 3rd party vendors involved with registration and exhibit hall. Oversee vendors involved with set-up, break-down, logistics, layouts, registration, and security. Serves as a point-of-contact for all day-to-day related issues. Develops and maintains trusting, respectful, and professional relationships.
- Customer Service: Oversees customer satisfaction by working closely with the team, ensuring timely and professional responses.
- Volunteer Management: Oversee and streamline communications to ensure volunteers adhere to processes and procedures of the SPJA office. Provide and manage resources & equipment needed for onsite operations. Interviews, recruits, and onboard volunteers.
- Temp Staff Management: Identifies different staffing solutions for delivering work. Works with volunteer resources and temp staff agencies to ensure departments are appropriately staffed, scheduled, and informed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform the Registration & Exhibits Coordinator and Exhibits job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential responsibilities satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of a Registration & Exhibits Coordinator.
- 3-5 years of event management or project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency. Must have advanced excel skills and prepare formal business documents.
- Strong leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate staff, inspire teamwork, and take a leadership role.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and have a proactive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to build trust, confidence, and respect of vendors, clients, and stakeholders while working in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently remain calm and resilient under pressure.
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on the big picture, details, and driving results.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position operates substantially in a professional office environment that routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. However, that environment changes when on-site at SPJA events and can vary greatly requiring strong mental and physical stamina and strength.
For the duration of Anime Expo, this position works at the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) and ancillary venues. While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be exposed to airborne particles, risk of electrical shock for both indoor and outdoor environments, and loud noise levels due to volunteers and attendees talking and/or passing near the work area. Assigned work areas may not have immediate access to external windows. Within the LACC, indoor HVAC units monitor and control temperature and air flow. Lighting is provided by overhead bulbs and lamps. The outside work environment may include exposure to extreme outdoor temperatures, uneven street pavement and sidewalks, and high levels of pedestrian and vehicular traffic. At Anime Expo, the employee will be exposed to large crowds and public settings and will be involved in frequent interactions with other employees, volunteers, attendees, and/or guests.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and requirements of the position.
The Registration & Exhibits Coordinator will be based in SPJA’s principal office. However, the individual must also be able to attend meetings, conferences, and events (including social functions) as necessary, both nationally and internationally.