Marketing Project Coordinator
SPJA is looking for a Marketing Project Coordinator, who will help in developing and executing various marketing projects for the SPJA and its flagship event (Anime Expo) and other SPJA run events (such as Project Anime, AnimeFest, etc.).
This position reports directly to the Marketing Project Manager.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of organizational projects.
- Maintain and monitor project plans and project schedules.
- Perform multiple tasks accurately in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate.
- Attend and participate in other departmental project meetings.
- Ensure that projects adhere to frameworks with follow up on action items with documentation maintained per project.
- Develop project roadmap and strategize with the Marketing Project Manager.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Support the Marketing Project Manager in all other functions of the marketing department to include, but not limited to:
- Budgeting and Reforecasting
- Art, Creative, and Branding Management
- Customer Care Processes and Communication with Customers
- Fulfillment and Sales
- Merchandise production
- Vendor and Contract Management
- Volunteer Recruitment, Training, and Department needs under the Marketing division
- Website updates, Social Media Interactions, Program Guide and Mobile App development
- Other duties and projects may be assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of project-based work experience with the following attributes:
- Project Planning, Project Management Systems, Project Processes and Workflow
- 2 years in marketing, project management, or analyst role
- Strong client-facing and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess attention to detail and ability to check their own work to minimize errors
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and all levels of individuals including top management while maintaining professionalism
- Ability to maintain confidentiality within the organization with a high level of personal ethics.
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Understanding of various multimedia production and/or project management systems.
- Must be able to attend meetings, conferences, and events (including social functions) as necessary.
- Ability to walk a great distance and stand for long periods of time as necessary.
- Ability to carry items not to exceed 25 pounds.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position operates substantially in a professional office environment that routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. However, that environment changes when on-site at SPJA events and can vary greatly requiring strong mental and physical stamina and strength.
For the duration of Anime Expo, this position works at the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) and ancillary venues. While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be exposed to airborne particles, risk of electrical shock for both indoor and outdoor environments, and loud noise levels due to volunteers and attendees talking and/or passing near the work area. Assigned work areas may not have immediate access to external windows. Within the LACC, indoor HVAC units monitor and control temperature and air flow. Lighting is provided by overhead bulbs and lamps. The outside work environment may include exposure to extreme outdoor temperatures, uneven street pavement and sidewalks, and high levels of pedestrian and vehicular traffic. At Anime Expo, the employee will be exposed to large crowds and public settings and will be involved in frequent interactions with other employees, volunteers, attendees, and/or guests.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and requirements of the position.
The position will be based in SPJA’s principal office. However, the position must also be able to attend meetings, conferences, and events (including social functions) as necessary, both nationally and internationally.
This is a regular, full-time position working 40 hours with occasional over-time.
*Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Activities, duties, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.